Sample Report: Pledge-a-thon - Participants only
To create a Custom Report which only displays the Participants for a single Pledge-a-thon:
- Click the Account link located in the top right corner of your GiftTool BackOffice account.
- Click Custom Report.
- To create a new report, click Add Custom Report.
- On page 1:
- Select a date range for your report by clicking the Date Picker icons.
- Enter the Report Name.
- Select the currency of the transactions to be displayed.
- Net Orders: Check the box to have your report provide the summary of all order modifications or order cancellations to the original order. Net Orders will show a single line for the registratant with a final summary of their order. Selecting Net Orders is useful to view the final Balance Due owed by your registrants. Alternatively, unchecking Net Orders, will provide a list of each individual order processed for this participant, including the original order and any subsequent order modifications or cancellations.
- One row per order: Check the box to have all information for an order displayed on a single line, with Registration Options, Session Options, Additional Items, or answers to questions grouped in a single cell for each item type. Unchecking this box will place any additional Registration Options, Session Options, Additional Items, or answers to questions in a new row.
- For GiftTool Services: check "Pledge-a-thon online orders"
- For Also Include: check whatever you wish to display (e.g. Report header, Items purchased, Balance Due, Profile fields, Questions, Teams, etc). You can always disable these once you have seen the report.
- Click Next
On page 2, determine which fields should be displayed in each column:
On page 3:
- Drag & Drop columns from the "Don't show columns" list to the "Show columns" list or back to control what columns are shown.
- Drag & Drop columns up and down within the "Show columns" list to control the order in which they appear in the report.
- Tip: Try moving all the fields into the “Show Columns”. Once you have seen the report, remove unnecessary columns as required by dragging them back to the "Don't show columns" list.
- Click Next
||**Type the name of the Pledge-a-thon as written in the setup
Click Save & Run to view your report.
- [Optional - if you have more than 1 Pledge-a-thon for the specified data range]
In row 1 - Create a filter to restrict data to a single Pledge-a-thon by selecting the Field and Operator, and typing the Value as shown in Condition 1 above.
- The Value is case sensitive, and must not include extra spaces or other characters.
- When entering the Value, type the name of the Pledge-a-thon exactly as it is written in your Pledge-a-thon setup. Be careful not to paste extra spaces. Alternatively, you can run the report without this filter, then you can see which Activity Name you want to filter on and copy/paste the exact value into your filter.
- In row 2 - Create a filter to restrict data to Participants only by by selecting the Field, Operator and typing "Participant" in the Value as shown in Condition 2 above (case sensitive).
- Review the Excel and determine which columns you do not need. Repeat step 5 to remove unnecessary columns, and rearrange the remaining columns to your liking.
- Use your computer functions, to print or save a copy of the report.
- Having difficulty viewing Excel reports?
- If you first run the report without any filters, you can see which data you want to filter on and copy/paste the exact value into your filter.
- Filters are "AND"ed together if no advanced filter logic is provided.
- For ID fields, the prefix letter (R, S, D, etc) before the ID cannot be filtered on. Instead filter on the Service field (Registrar, Shop, Donations, etc).
- Date values must be in the form YYYY-MM-DD.
Was this information helpful?