How do I record offline payments?
To record an offline payment that you received by cash, cheque, or offline credit card processing:
- Click Registrar to view the Main Menu of this service.
- From the Administration section, click Registrants.
- Search for the registrant's profile, and click Profile beside their name.
- Within the Profile, click Offline Payments in the Order Transactions area.
- Record your offline Payment Amount and whether the amount was Received (from the customer) or Paid Out (to the customer). For example:
- If you have received $100, enter a Payment Amount of $100 and select Received from the drop down menu.
- If you are refunding $100 back to the customer for a cancelled transaction, enter a Payment Amount of $100 and select Paid Out from the drop down menu. You can also use this setting when correcting an amount that was mistakenly made.
- Note that minus signs will be ignored by the system. Instead you must select Paid Out, if the amount is to be reversed.
- Select the Payment Method for the amount received or refunded (Cash, Cheque, Credit Card, Debit Card, Gift Card, Money Order, ACH - Automated Clearing House, ECP - Electronic Cheque Payments, EFT - Electronic Funds Transfer, Coupon, Other).
- Select the Payment Status of the payment (Paid, Pending, Declined, NSF - Non-Sufficient Fund, Cancelled).
- Enter your initials or name to keep track of who recorded the payment.
- Add an optional note (i.e. Cheque number, payment gateway authorization code).
- A full listing of each offline payment entered into the system will be displayed at the bottom of the Offline Payments page.
- Click Save Payment to save changes when done. The Balance Due for this registrant will be adjusted by this amount. Click Back to return to the profile.
Once the full payment has been recorded, you can send an email to the registrant. When creating the email, make sure to check the boxes to automatically include order confirmation details, which will display a $0 balance due.
Was this information helpful?