Linking a Pledge-a-thon Category to your website
Most organizations simply add the Main Category Link to their Web site to route visitors to a Web page that encorporate all functionality for the category. Alternatively, you can also add additional links to route visitors directly to other category pages from your website. This is useful if you want to embed these links into your website navigation, or as buttons elsewhere on your website.
Category Links available:
- Main Category URL: This landing page for the category displays the category Description, as well as optionally, links to all associated Pledge-a-thons, the list of top fundraisers and teams in the overall category, and the category thermometer.
- Register Now URL: Displays a drop down list of all Pledge-a-thons within the category for which a participant may register, along with your customized message.
- Search Participants URL: Allows donors to search for a participant across all Pledge-a-thons associated with the category, or limit their search list by selecting a single Pledge-a-thon.
- Login URL: Allows participants to login to any Pledge-a-thon in the category from a single page.
- Team Listings URL: Displays a list of all teams across all Pledge-a-thon associated with the category. The teams will be listed in the order of their fundraising success, from highest amount of confirmed & pending pledges raised to the lowest amount.
Find the links for a Pledge-a-thon category:
- Click Pledge-a-thon to view the main menu of this service.
- From the Setup section, click Manage Categories.
- Click Profile next to the category of interest.
- All the URL links described above for this category will be listed in the Profile.
- To view a webpage, click Go beside the link.
- To paste the link into your website:
- Copy the full http:// or https:// address (double click the URL link to highlight the text and right-click on the mouse selecting Copy).
- Paste the link into a page on your website.
- To ensure the security of the Register Now or Login pages, make sure to include the ‘s’ in ‘https://’.
- The link can be associated with an image, button, or text.
- Test your links once you go live. When testing links do not click submit on the final page to avoid processing your transaction.
Was this information helpful?