How do I add an event waiver?
Event waivers can outline any issues relevant to your organization’s
events. A waiver may cover information such as registration
eligibility, registration process, transferability to registration,
refund policy, charitable tax receipts, liability, or risks associated
with event participation.
Note: GiftTool is not an expert in drafting legal waivers.
Therefore, you should not interpret, nor rely on, any comments made
or correspondence from us as being advice or a recommendation.
Instead, please consult a qualified expert to
ensure that your waiver meets your legal requirements.
Creating a waiver is a two-step process:
- Click Registrar to view the Main Menu of this service.
- From the Setup section, click Manage Waivers
- Click Add a Waiver.
- Enter an event Waiver Name in the first text field. This name will be displayed in your list of waivers, and will not be shown to the general public.
- Enter your event waiver text into the text field. You can use the HTML editor to add text attributes, paragraph formatting, and colours to your policy.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Once you have created your event waiver, you must add this waiver to your Event.
- From the Setup section of the Registrar menu, click Manage Events and click Change beside the name of the event.
- On the light blue Setup tab, click on the grey Waivers tab.
- Choose your Waiver from the drop-down list.
- Enter the Link Text that you want registrants to see when they visit this page (such as View Waiver).
- If you Require registrants to accept the waiver before proceeding with registration, choose this option.
- Click the Default button to populate the Waiver Section Heading in the text field, which you can change as required.
- Click the Default button to populate the Instructions that are shown above the event waiver, which you can change as required.
- Click Save as Draft/Active when finished, to save your settings to the system.
Was this information helpful?