How do I send emails to event registrants?
Do you want to resend confirmation emails with the latest status of
an order? Or, send reminder emails a week before your event? Send
emails to one or all of your participants from the GiftTool
- Just click Registrar > Administration:
[Alternatively, Event Coordinators can access this page by
clicking Registrar > Administration: Registrants > Seating
(light blue tab) > select the event and click "Save &
- Select your event from the drop down menu.
- Create your email by entering your subject line and email message.
- Check the boxes at the bottom of your email message to
automatically include order confirmation details specific to
- To include seating assignments in your message, you must
first assign seating.
- Click View Email to view a draft copy of your
email message. Note that when sending emails, the participant name
and order details will be automatically replaced by the correct
data for each participants selected for this mailing.
- Click Next.
- To create your mailing list:
- Select one or more individuals or registrant types.
- You can narrow the list by selecting a different Registrant
Status or Payment Status, and clicking Search.
Useful if you wish to send reminder emails to registrants with
an outstanding balance or refund.
- Click to sort by Registrant ID, Name or Registrant Type.
- Click Send Email when finished.
NOTE: CASL, PIPEDA, CAN-SPAM and other Email
Marketing regulations, as well as the EU GDPR, may prohibit the
sending of email invitations for new events to participants of a past
event, if they have not opted-in to receive your emails for other
activities not associated with the original event.
You MUST confirm that your email does not contravene EU, national
and local email regulations before using this feature to send messages
Was this information helpful?