How do I preview & test a donation appeal?
To preview and test your donation appeal form:
- Click Donations to view the Main Menu of this service.
- From the Setup section, click Manage Appeals.
- Click Draft if your appeal is still in draft mode.
- Click Profile next to the appeal you would like to preview.
- Click Test.
- The appeal form will open in a new browser.
- The page will appear as it will be displayed to the public, except that "&Test" will be added to the end of your appeal link, with a message at the top of the page to indicate that it is in TEST mode.
- Note: This test page will only work if you have first logged into your GiftTool account to establish a secure session. So others will not be able to access and use this test page without logging into your GiftTool account.
- Complete the form to test the donation process, entering fake credit card information before clicking the submit button.
- You can just use any string of made up numbers for the credit card number, such as 1111222233334444, with a security code of 000.
- Once the test transaction has been completed:
- The On-Screen Confirmation message will be displayed -- as per your appeal form setup OR, if a targeted program was selected during the donation process, as per the Targeted Giving Program setup.
- Tax receipting does NOT occur with test transactions, to avoid problems with regulatory compliance as no donation was actually made. Therefore, the tax receiptable amount will not be displayed on your test confirmation screen. A Canadian tax receipt will NOT be issued for this test transaction. Nor will a US tax receipt message appear on the confirmation message and email.
- A test Email Thank You will be sent -- as per your appeal form setup.
- The test transaction will NOT be saved to your reports.
- Any eCards created during testing will NOT be sent out for this test transaction.
How do I change a donation appeal form?
How do I activate a donation appeal form?
How do I launch a donation appeal form to the public?
Was this information helpful?