How do I add a recurring payment to an existing donor?
To add a recurring payment to an existing donor for recurring monthly
or quarterly donations:
- Click Donations to view the Main Menu of this service
- From the Administration section, click Donors
Search for a donor profile.
- Click the donor name or donor ID to view the Donor Profile.
- Click New in the Recurring Payments section.
- Enter the information regarding this recurring payment:
- Modify the card holder address, Activity Type or Targeted
Giving Program as appropriate.
- Enter the recurring donation amount.
- Select the frequency of the recurring donation (monthly or
quarterly) next to the recurring donation amount.
- Click the calendar icon to select the First Payment Date.
Exception: If a recurring donor signs up at the very
end of the month (on the 28th, 29th, 30th or 31st), the first
donation will be processed on that day, but all of their
subsequent donations will be processed on the 27th of
the month. This is because February is a shorter month, and we
wanted to allow for an extra day in case does not go through
on the first attempt. So if you change the date in the
recurring profile to the 28th for example, the transactions
will subsequently be processed on the 27th.
- [Optional] Click the calendar icon to select the Last Payment
Date if you wish to stop the automatic processing of the
recurring donation on a specific date. After this date, the
card will no longer be processed. Therefore, enter a date
of 2011-09-14 to no longer process recurring payment on or after
September 15th 2011.
- Enter the card holder name as it appears on the credit card
- Enter the credit card number
- Enter the credit card security code (CVV2 code)
- Select the credit card type available for processing through
your payment gateway.
- Select the month and year of the credit card expiry date.
- To process the payment immediately, click Save &
Process Payment Now.
Or, click Save
to have the system automatically process the payment during the
next cycle. If the First Payment Date is in the future, the credit
card will be processed on that future date.
Was this information helpful?