How do I view, save or print a tax receipt?
The Manage Receipts section section allows you to search, print or view any previously issued tax receipts. The status of pending receipts will also be displayed. Alternatively, you can easily search for a donor by name to view the receipt.
- Click Donations to view the Main Menu of this service.
- From the Canadian E-Tax Receipts section, choose Manage Tax Receipts.
- Search for a receipt by entering the month & year when the original donation was made or when the receipt was created.
- For online donations, these dates are usually the same.
- For manual donations, the created date is often later than the donation date.
- By selecting all donations "Created" in a calendar month (instead of "Donated"), you will capture all tax receipts issued that month for donations that occurred earlier, such as the yearly tax receipts created in February for all donations made during the previous year.
- Click Search.
- The status of the receipt will be listed as Issued or Pending. Encrypted tax receipts will usually be issued and sent within a few hours. When issuing a large volume of receipts, and during periods of heavy activity or system maintenance, it may take 48-72 hours for all receipts to be issued.
- Reply codes in the 200s indicate success in emailing the receipt.
- Order numbers displayed are prefaced with a letter based on how the tax receipt was issued:
- D = Receipt for one-time donation made online through the Donation service
- Y = Yearly receipt for recurring donors
- B = Bulk receipt issued by your staff using the Issue Single or Multiple receipts section
- P = Receipt for Pledge-a-thon online donation
- AP = Receipt for Pledge-a-thon offline donation
- R = Receipt for Event Registrar donation
- M = Receipt for Membership donation.
- Click the receipt number to open a PDF copy of the receipt which you can print or save to your computer.
- Click Resend to send another copy of the same receipt to the donor.
How do I download a zip file containing copies of all tax receipts issued?
Was this information helpful?