How do I setup a targeted giving program?
On your donation appeal page, you can give donors a choice of programs that benefit from their donations. When you set up your Targeted Giving Programs, you can:
- Customize the introduction to the Targeted Giving Program section.
- Create a customized on-screen confirmation message shown exclusively to donors who have selected this targeted program.
How do I set up targeted giving programs?
STEP A - Create your Targeted Giving Program
- Click Donations to view the Main Menu of this service.
- From the Setup section, choose Targeted Programs.
- To create a targeted giving program, click Add Targeted Program.
- Enter the Program Name as it will appear to your donors.
- Select the language Localization. This will automatically change the default text displayed to donors.
- NOTE: This Targeted Giving program can only be included in an Appeal form, if the localization selected here matches the localization setting of the appeal. For example: English (Canada); English (United States); français (Canada).
- Optionally, add a description below the name of the program.
- This text box will accept HTML code.
- To include an image in the description, you must first host the image in the Secure Image Hosting section of your account (learn how). By referencing an image hosted on a secure server, your secure donation page will not display error messages that there are "secure and insecure images on this page".
- Enter your On-screen Confirmation message into the text field. This message will be shown exclusively to donors who have selected this targeted program, regardless of the appeal.
- You can use the HTML editor to add text attributes, paragraph formatting, and colours to your messages.
- You can use donor variables to personalize the message for each donor.
- Click Save.
STEP B - Associate your targeted giving program with your appeal
Now you are ready to include your targeted giving program in your donation page.
- To change an existing donation appeal form:
- Get into your appeal setup
- Click Sections (light blue tab)
- Click Targeted Programs (grey tab)
- Follow these instructions to setup the section and drag & drop your targeted programs into the Show Programs column.
- Click Save as Draft/Active when finished to save your settings to the system.
- To create a new donation appeal form:
- Create a new form from scratch or copy an existing form
- When viewing the Targeted Programs (grey tab) in the Sections section, follow these instructions to setup the section and drag & drop your targeted programs into the Show Programs column.
- Click Update & Next to continue; or Save as Draft/Active when finished to save your settings to the system.
- You can include the Targeted Program name on your Canadian eTax Receipt by checking a box in the tax receipt setup. Learn How.
Was this information helpful?