How do I add a new recurring donor?
To add a recurring donor to the system so that their monthly or
quarterly donation is automatically processed each month:
- Click Donations to view the Main Menu of this service
- From the Administration section, click Recurring Payments
- Click Add Recurring Payment.
- Enter the information regarding this recurring payment:
- Select the Activity Type. Error notifications will be sent to
associated with the appeal.
- Select the optional Targeted Giving Program.
- Enter the donor first and last names.
- Enter the email address. Note that an email confirmation is
not sent when you add a recurring donation from your GiftTool
account. An email is required to have the system issue an annual
Canadian etax receipt.
- Enter the card holder mailing address as it appears on their
credit card statements. A phone number is recommended should
you wish to contact the donor prior to the credit card
- Enter the recurring donation amount.
- Select the frequency of the recurring donation (monthly or
quarterly) next to the recurring donation amount.
- Click the calendar icon to select the First Payment Date.
Exception: If you are adding a new recurring donor at
the very end of the month (on the 28th, 29th, 30th or 31st),
the first donation will be processed on that day when clicking
'Save & Process Payment Now", but all of their
subsequent donations will be processed on the 27th of
the month. This is because February is a shorter month, and we
wanted to allow for an extra day in case it does not go
through on the first attempt. So if you change the date in the
recurring profile to the 28th for example, the transactions
will subsequently be processed on the 27th.
- [Optional] Click the calendar icon to select the Last Payment
Date if you wish to stop the automatic processing of the
recurring donation on a specific date. After this date, the
card will no longer be processed. Therefore, enter a date
of 2018-09-14 to no longer process recurring payment on or after
September 15th 2018.
- Enter the card holder name as it appears on the credit
card. This name will appear on the annual Canadian etax receipt.
- Enter the credit card number.
- Enter the credit card security code (also known as CVV2 code)
- Select the credit card type available for processing through
your payment gateway.
- Select the month and year of the credit card expiry date.
There are two
options to save your changes:
- To process the payment immediately, click Save &
Process Payment Now.
- Or, click Save to have the system
automatically process the payment during the next cycle (either
this month, if the monthly donation has not yet been processed;
or the next month, if a monthly donation has already been
processed this month). If the First Payment Date is in the
future, the credit card will be processed on that future date.
Was this information helpful?