How do I view a list of recurring donations that were declined?
For recurrring monthly/quarterly payments, you can view a list of active monthly/quarterly payments where the last attempt to process the credit card was declined.
- Click Donations to view the Main Menu of this service
- From the Administration section, click Recurring Payments
- Select the status type Recurring Payments - Active (Last Attempt Declined).
- As a next step:
- Find out why the payment was declined.
- Recurring donors will be highlighted in yellow if their card is about to expire or already has expired. This allows you to contact the donor directly and ask for their new credit card information. This is a great opportunity to build a stronger relationship with that donor, because your recurring donors are your strongest supporters! By contacting these donors directly, you have the opportunity to personally thank them for their ongoing support, let them know how their contributions have been able to help, and ask if they would like to increase their recurring donation, in addition to, asking for their new credit card information.
- Update a recurring payment.
- When a recurring donation has failed to be processed during more than 4 consecutive monthly or quarterly cycles, the recurring payment will be automatically archived. Once you have received the new credit card information, you can update & re-activate the recurring payment.
Was this information helpful?