How do I stop a recurring payment on a future date?
To stop a recurring donor with monthly or quarterly donations at a future date, login
to your GiftTool account and follow these instructions:
- Click Donations to view the Main Menu of this service
- From the Administration section, click Recurring Payments
- To narrow your search, use one or more of the following options:
- Select the status type (All, Last Attempt Declined, Expired
Card, Before Start Date, After End Date, or Archived)
- Enter the full or partial name of the card holder used for the
- Enter a full or partial donor ID number.
- Limit the number of donors viewed per page,and click the arrow
keys to move from page to page.
- Click Change to modify the recurring payment:
- Click the calendar icon to select a Last Payment Date
in the future, to stop the automatic processing of the recurring
donation on a specific date. For example, to include a donation
on December 18th, you can set the Last Payment Date to be the
last day of the month, December 31st. You can then archive this
payment, once the Last Payment Date has passed.
- Click Save when finished.
Be careful not to click the Save & Process Payment
Now button, if you do not wish to process
- Recurring donors who have a transaction rejected for 4 consecutive
months will be automatically changed to an Archived status. Their
credit card may be denied for a variety of reasons - their number
may have changed, the card may have been cancelled or stolen and
then cancelled etc. Login to your payment gateway account to find
out the reason why they have declined the credit card transaction.
- Once you have received the new credit card information, you can re-activate the recurring payment.
- Once the date has passed, you can archive the recurring
payment to keep your active list up-to-date.
- For a monthly donation made in error, you can refund the cardholder.
Was this information helpful?